Monday, December 31, 2007

Joshua H Means Will

In the name of the Benevolent Father of All,

I, Joshua H. Means, do make and publish this my last will and testament hereby revoking all wills by me heretofore made.

1st I direct that my daughter Julia Means collect any and all sums of money due me at the date of my death and pay any and all debt which I may owe including expense of last sickness and funeral expenses.

2nd I direct that my personal property of which I may die the owner including any money which may remain after the payment of said debts and funeral expenses shall be equally divided between my daughters Eva Leap, Julia Means, and Nettie Means, my son William Means, and the childen of my deceased daughter Emma Wakefield said two grandchildren to have a share jointly equal to the share of each of my said children which share shall be used by my daughter Julia for the benefit of said children grandchildren.

3rd I give and bequeth to my said daughter Julia Means the following described real estate in Switzerland County in the state of Indiana to be held and owned by her in fee surifile and to be sold and conveyed by her if she may see proper or deem it necessary to do so.

Beginning at the Northeast corner of section 17, town 2, range 3 west, Thence west with the north line of said section about 20 rods to a branch ; Thence down said branch with the McAnders thereof to the line of land now owned by Japser N. Brindley's line in a Southeasterly direction to where it intersects the east line of said section 17; Thence north on said line to the place of beginning.

4th I also give to my said daughter the remainder of the real estate which I now own to be held be her during her natural life and at her death to become the property of my children then.

In testimony whereof I have heretowith to set my hand and seal this 23 day of November 1894.

Joshua H. Means (seal)

Signed and acknowledged by Joshua H. Means as his last will and testament in our presence and we signed the same as witnesses in his presence at his request and in the presence of each other this 23 day of November 1894.


Witnesses,
Josephine Means
William H. Means

State of Indiana, Switzerland Circuit Court, SS.

Before me, Edw. E. Kelso, Clerk of the Switzerland Circuit Court, personally cause William H. Means one of the subscribing witnesses to the foregoing last will and testament of Joshua H. Means, late of Switzerland County, Indiana, deceased, and being duly sworn on oath, says that he was present at the execution of said last will; That the same was duly executed; That at the time of the execution thereof, said testator was of full age to devise his property, of sound mind and memory and not under any coersion or restraint; That said testator requested affiants and Josephine Means to sign will as witnesses thereto; which they accordingly did in the presence of said testator and in the presence of each other subscribing witnesses thereto.

Wm. H Means

Subscribing and sworn to before me, this 6th day of July 1903.

Edw. E. Kelso, Clerk.

I, Edw. E. Kelso, Clerk of the Switzerland Circuit Court, do hereby certify that the above and foregoing last will and testament of Joshua H. Means, late of Switzerland County, State of Indiana, deceased, was this day duly admitted to probate and record, and the proof therof duly made by William H. Means one of the subscribing witnesses thereto, which said will, together with such proof, have been duly recorded in Record of Wills No. 5, page 128, in this office.

Witness my name and the seal of this Court, this 6th day of July 1903.

(LS) Edw. E. Kelso Clerk

Approved by Court Sept. 12, 1903 P.E. Bear Judge.
Recorded Oct 6th, 1903 at 1015 AM
James D. Miller RSC

0 comments:

 
Blog Directory - Blogged